Early Career Recognition Award for EECS
The Penn State Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Alumni Society has developed an annual award to recognize and honor an outstanding alumnus or alumna at the outset of their career in each of the following majors: Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Computer Engineering.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Received a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree in electrical engineering, computer science or computer engineering from Penn State, University Park campus, within ten years of the nomination date.
- Demonstrated outstanding technical excellence as an individual resulting in significant accomplishments.
- Shown great potential for continued success in their field.
- Responsibilities and achievements in their career, position advancements, awards and recognition, significant contributions
- Extra-curricular leadership activities, positive influence on others, role model for success
- Potential for success
The nomination may come from anyone with direct knowledge of the nominee’s career accomplishments and activities. The following documents need to be received by the nomination deadline:
- Completed Nomination Form
- Nominee’s résumé (two-page limit)
The deadline for submission is July 15. The award recipient will be announced in October. Questions can be referred to Cathy Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 814-863-0897.
The Nomination Form with a copy of the nominee’s résumé should be sent to:
Attention: Early Career Recognition Alumni Award
Program and Events Coordinator
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Penn State University
338C IST Building
University Park, PA 16802
Or emailed with “Early Career Award” in the subject line to email@example.com.