- Graduate Students
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Electrical Engineering Graduate Programs
- Computer Science and Engineering Graduate Programs
- Electrical Engineering Research Areas
- Computer Science and Engineering Research Areas
- Funding Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- SARI Program
- Minors, Concurrent Degrees, and Certificate Programs
EE Job Listserv
If you are a current Penn State EE student OR PENN STATE ALUMNUS and want to receive emails for job announcements (permanent, internship, co-op, part-time), you can join the EEJOB listserv:
- Using PSU webmail (NOT GMAIL or another mail tool) send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the email, write: subscribe l-eejobs <enter your name here> (e.g. subscribe l-eejobs John Doe).
- You will get a confirmation email back from the listserv asking you to verify your request. Follow that link.
- You will get a 2nd email confirming that you have been added to the list.
Undergraduate and graduate students seeking permanent employment should register with the Penn State Career Services Center. Many companies recruit through this office, which also runs career fairs in both the fall and spring semesters. This office also provides a number of other services such as resume review and mock interviews.
You should also register with the Engineering Career Resources Office. Although this office primarily deals with co-op and internship opportunites, it ocassionally has information about permanent positions as well.
In addition, if you are a current Penn State EE student OR PENN STATE EE ALUMNUS and want to receive emails for all job announcements (permanent, internship, co-op, part-time), you can join the EEJOB listserv by following this link: EE Job Listserv signup.
Fall Internships and Co-op Positions
Undergraduate and graduate students seeking summer employment and/or co-op positions should register with the Engineering Career Resources Office. This office is dedicated to assisting engineering students with finding co-op and internship opportunities.
In addition, if you are a current Penn State EE student OR PENN STATE EE ALUMNUS and want to receive emails for job announcements (permanent, internship, co-op, part-time), you can join the EEJOB listserv by following this link: EE Job Listserv signup.
Part Time EE Departmental Jobs
Available Spring Jobs:
- 67762 – Course Grader: EE 310, EE 311, EE 320, EE 351, EE 360, EE 387, EE 424, EE 430, EE 472, EE 474, EE 487, EE 488, EE 552
- 67761 – Lab Assistant: EE210 and EE310
- 67765 – Department Helper (Work-study eligible students only)
- 67764 – Stockroom Clerk
- 67763 – Computer Lab Operators
- Grader or Lab Assistant – undergrad $9.50, grad $11.00
- Stockroom Attendant, Computer Lab Operator, Department Helper – $9.50
The application process consists of two steps, outlined below.
- Submit an application for each job title (Grader, Lab Assistant, Stockroom Attendant, etc.) that you are applying for by going to http://psu.jobs. Enter the appropriate job number (listed above) in the keywords box and press “Search for Jobs.” Click to apply online and upload a résumé and cover letter. NOTE: DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE APPLICATION PER JOB TITLE, EVEN IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR MULTIPLE JOBS WITHIN A PARTICULAR CATEGORY.
- Once you have submitted the job application(s), you need to submit a secondary application to the EE department. Click here to access this secondary application. You may have difficulty viewing and submitting this form in Firefox. It is suggested that you use Internet Explorer or Chrome. If the Submit button does not bring up your mail tool to submit the form, you should save the form to your computer and email it to EEWagePayroll@engr.psu.edu to finish the application process.